How to fill an Au Pair’s income tax?

Ophelia’s Diary.

I just finished my Au Pair income taxes. At first, I felt it was so hard to fill out the tax form, but as I already got it done- it’s super easy now. So I would like to share my experience with other Au Pairs.Au pair Ophelia in class

Then you won’t have problems with you tax return!Au Pair taxes

First calculate how much stipend you made during 2013. A 1040NR-­EZ form need to be submitted before April 15, 2014. You don’t need a W­ 2 form from your host family.


Here is a link that will tell you how to fill out your 1040NR­-EZ tax form step by step. You will find how much taxes you own using the instruction chart.

After you finish the form, print it out, sign your name and date. You can put a payment (check) together with the tax form in an envelope and then mail it. Or you can use free software tax service and pay online. I mailed the payment with my tax form. You can find the mail address at 1040NR­-EZ form instructions. When you mail it, make sure you get a Certified Mail Receipt, it will be a proof shows that you do mail your taxes form before April 15, 2014.Au Pair

Good luck with your tax return!

Read more stories from Ophelia’s Diary

1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. Trackback: Au Pairs and Taxes | Go Au Pair - Providence

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: