Spread the love.

“Before you can truly live, you must first learn to love.”
– Jennie Clemans 

Everyone needs love, especially children need to feel loved. Often host parents,  Au Pair and kids speak different love languages. Dr. Gary Chapman says knowing the child’s love language can make all of the difference in relationship.

There are 5 languages of love and usually people respond best to one or maybe two languages. The five languages of love are:

  • Physical touch
  • Words of affirmation
  • Quality time
  • Gifts
  • Acts of service

Physical touch includes high fives, hugs, kisses and snuggling.

Words of affirmation include words of praise, encouragement, guidance and support.

Quality time is focused on spending time together—listening, walking and playing.

Gifts can be a powerful expression of love.

Acts of service are focused on appreciation of help.

It is important to understand and apply the language of love kids respond best to. The knowledge of the 5 Love Languages makes it easier to give and receive love.

Spread the love!

Tax Time.

2012 Tax Day is almost here. Many Au Pairs are about finishing their tax returns. I have  posted about the tax return recently at  Au Pair’s tax return.  I also found a helpful post from another Go Au Pair‘s blog at “Taxes, Taxes, Taxes

As a Non-Resident Alien, Au Pairs are required to pay tax on their stipend, minus an exemption, which for the 2011 tax year is $3700. If you arrived after August 20th, then you still need to file a tax return, but you shouldn’t owe anything.


Taxes (Photo credit: Tax Credits)

The main thing that influences how much tax you have to pay, is when you arrived in the USA. A January arrival Au Pair with her/his stipend 195.75 will pay an average of $600 in taxes, with the full amount due all in one tax year.

Remember that Au Pairs who do not submit a tax return may have difficulty extending or obtaining future visas.

If you have any questions, please contact a tax professional.

Au Pair’s tax return

Dear Au Pairs, if you haven’t done your tax return already, it’s about time to complete it! You have to file your tax return until April 17, 2012.

All Au Pairs are required to file U.S. individual income tax returns.

It is the law to file a tax return and report earnings made during a calendar year. The U.S. Department of Labor has determined that the au pair stipend constitutes “wages” because an employer-employee relationship exists between the Au Pair and his/her Host Family. These wages are therefore subject to federal taxation.

Most Au Pairs who have been in the US for at least 18 weeks in a calendar year will meet the minimum requirement to pay taxes The Exemption Deduction is $3700 for 2011.

Please notice that Go Au Pair agency and Local Area Representatives are not licensed tax advisers and cannot provide official tax advice. For the most recent and only official information about Au Pair’s  taxes,  please see the IRS website and consult your tax adviser.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the government agency that collects federal income taxes. Read more about  Au Pair’s Taxes here. Please  stop at any tax service professional for more information. There are plenty of them, you can find one near you easily using H&R Block website.

Free help in preparing a return is also available nationwide from IRS-sponsored volunteers.  The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is designed to help low-income taxpayers. For more information, go to IRS.gov and enter keyword “VITA” in the upper right corner.

If an Au Pair chooses not to file taxes it could prevent her from obtaining a visa in the future.

%d bloggers like this: