Being a great Au Pair
Hey everyone! I hope all of you are doing good, I am so glad that the weather is getting better and we can feel spring arriving :)
- I want to learn more about myself: when I say this I mean that I want to get to know myself better, my strengths, my weaknesses, what I can handle, what I can’t. I want to go back to South-Africa being more independent than I was before I got here and so much more.
- Meeting new people: I want to make as many new friends as possible. I will not forget my friends back home, but since I am here and they are there I have to form new friendships. I am so lucky that I already made such good friends so far.
- Seeing as many places as possible: I have never been overseas, so while I am here I want to tour around the States and see all the places you always read about and see on movies :)
- Help out: I want to volunteer at places where they need extra hands example the SPCA, Hospitals or libraries just to mention a few.
- Study: I want to start studying at a college, this could help me making new friends and when I go back to South-Africa I will also have something behind my name that I can use back home. I think this could be a perfect opportunity for me to actually make certain of what I want to study, what I like and what I do not like.
- Having a good time: No matter what happens this year I want to make it the best year of my life and give it my all and just have a good time while I can. I do not want to regret anything afterwards I just want to be able to say “I did it and even if it was not always easy it was defiantly worth it!”
- Being a great Au Pair: I want to be the best Au Pair that I can possibly be. I want to form a great bond with my Host parents and the children. I always want to give everything I do 100% not only for the family but also for me. I want to make sure they know that they made the right choice about choosing me. I would like to become more than just an Au Pair for them; I wish to be part of the family.
Feel free to ask me some questions or leave ideas, because I would like to write about stuff that you would want to know about.
Keep on reading about my birthday